New York Fashion Week SS14: Diane Von Frustenberg

Leave a Comment
I have a slight love affair with New York City (ok major love affair!) and therefore I look forward to New York Fashion Week every year. This year there was a few favourites one of them being the Diane Von Frustenberg show. I already love how wearable and effortless DVF is anyway and so it's no surprise that I've chosen DVF for my first edit of NYFW.

 I will be doing a couple of edits of each fashion week so expect a couple more of my favourites from NYFW. I have been waiting for the DVF show as I follow DVF on instagram and having been sneak peaking at the pictures posted. The show was full of glamour and glitz and made me instantly think of summer time and big shades. The slinky maxi dresses will definitely be a staple in my Spring Summer wardrobe next year. The entire show just oozed New York style and made me want to visit all over again...

So the show kicked off to the tune of this summer - Robin Thicke's blurred lines - and the models all got their walk on. The shows notes said that the show was based all on an oasis, the clothes certainly reflected this with safari prints, loose lines and of course animal prints







This is by far my favourite piece of the show. Love







I love the fit and flare style of the skirts - very feminine - I am also a fan of the crop tops which lets face it have been all over the runway this fashion month! I don't know if I'll be diving into that trend just yet! :) I see that monochrome is here to stay so you can breath a sigh of relief if you over indulged this year. 

Naomi Campbell closed the show in a show stopping tribal black and gold shift dress - absolutely stunning embellishment and I adore the structure too.

The make up look was fresh faced and natural letting the clothes do the talking with bold brows and glossy lips its definitely a look to sport by the pool side. 

Face - You can achieve a similar look by mixing a tinted moisturiser or a light foundation with a liquid highlighter to give that 'your skin but better' effect. Nars and Laura Mercier both do brilliant tinted moisturisers. If you need more coverage ensure you add your concealer before.  Use a blush similar to your skin tone work best with this look, think rose and peachy colours with little or no shimmer. Keep contouring to a minimum too - this look needs to look less polished. 

Eye - Keep colours on the eyes neutral and in a similar tone to your own colouring. You can add definition to the crease to ensure your eyes stand out more and don't forget the mascara, just give the liner a miss this time. 

Lips - Lips were natural and plump on the show. Softly line your lips with a liner a colour as close to your natural lip colour as possible and blend the colour over your entire lip ensuring that the lips don't look to defined and then choose a nude or even clear lip gloss to slick on.

For that extra bit of glow you could add a little amount of either liquid or powder highlighter to cheekbones and down the nose. Or just set the look with a little mist, something like MAC fix+ would work perfectly.

Diane finished things up in a stunning shift dress with vivid colours which I can already see now being re created on the high street.

So what do you think of the DVF show? What caught your eye? I'd love to hear what you think

Siobhan xxx

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig